Yes, we are making FACE MASKS… Yes we live in fear, uncertainty and doubts in the future! We are contributing in the best way we know, we do our job in the best way possible under these conditions. Yet, we never forget our project, a family project, a small business legally register in Netherlands and register in KVK… We will keep making our work with lots of love, care and great attention to detail, no matter if they are dolls, baby dresses or… Face masks!
Research supported by Nobel prize-winning virologist Harold Varmus tells us that placing a layer of cloth in front of a person’s face stops 99% of the droplets. So, the science is clear! We do not know when we are sick. If we are sick, then when we speak we are projecting virus-laden droplets into the air. Wearing a simple FACE MASK stops those droplets in their tracks. Covid-19 moves like a silent assassin, with unwitting accomplices. Maybe you’ll be one of them. The best way to ensure that you’re not: wear a mask, and keep your distance from others.
I have been accepting orders true my Instagram. In the Highlights you can can check all the fabrics available on the folder FABRICS. I am making two models:
– The Surgical model
– The OLSON model was designed by medical professionals to be used when other surgical and N95 masks are not available. Most agree that it is the best pattern available for homemade face masks, and I think so too! It is curved to fit the nose and mouth area, and there is a pocket on the inside to hold an additional filter (Not included, but I also sell packs of 10), that should be disposed after each use.
Caution should be exercised when considering using FACE MASKS:
- This is a mask to wear when you have to leave the house, or go to the supermarket or pharmacy, for example – NOT TO USE IN HOSPITAL ENVIRONMENT;
- For the mask to be a good extra method of protection, you should not forget to ADOPT ALL PREVENTIVE MEASURES, such as always WASHING YOUR HANDS and keep the social distance as well as the other measures decreed by the government;
- Before putting on the mask, always wash your hands and do not touch the front of the mask. The same, when you remove the mask.
- Before the first use, the fabric mask must be washed (Please do not wash with a filter. The filter should always be disposed after each use).
- Don’t use for more than 2h or as soon as it gets wet;
- Made with 100% cotton fabric so it can be washed at 60C or boiled in a pan for aprox. 10 minutes.
Stay, as much as possible, at home…